- Two (2) End Posts
- A section of Top and Bottom Rail
- 2 Top Brackets
- A pack of Pickets and Spacers
- Eight (8) 3” lag bolts
- Two (2) 1.5” screws
- Two (2) ¾” screws
- Two (2) ¾” screws
1. Cut 6” off your pickets and 6″ off the top of your End Posts.
2. Fasten the Top Brackets to your End Posts using 3/4″ screws. The brackets should be located at the very top of the post, just underneath the post cap.
3. Place one End Post near the edge of your deck, so that the lag bolts will secure the post to adequate blocking/support. Square the post with the edge of the deck, and mark the holes using a pencil.
4. Pre-drill the holes using a 3/16” drill-bit.
5. Fasten the post to the deck. Do not tighten the lag bolts all the way.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for the remaining End Post.
7. Measure the distance between your two posts, from the inside edge of the post, NOT the baseplate.
8. Add 2.5” to your measurement, and cut the Bottom Rail only to that length. Insert the bottom rail into the slots in the End Posts.
9. Subtract 1.25” from your measurement taken in step 7. Cut the Top Rail only to that length. Insert the rail into the two Top Brackets.
10. Check if your posts are level. If not, level with shims. Then, tighten the lag bolts.
11. Use two 1.5” screws (1 per side) on the inside of the bottom rail or outside of the post to prevent the bottom rail from moving.
12. Snap the spacers on to the Bottom Rail, starting with a flat end at one side and working across to the other side. Center the spacers so that there is equal spacing on each side.
13. Measure the distance between the post and the flat end of the spacer (Length X). Add 5/16” to that measurement, and cut one spacer to that length. Cut another spacer 1/8″ shorter to account for the plate of the Top Bracket.
14. Starting with your newly cut spacers on the Top and the Bottom Rails, insert pickets and add spacers to the Top Rail.
15. Snap the final spacers into place on the Top and Bottom Rail.
16. Use two (2) 3/4” screws to secure the Top Rail to the two Top Brackets.